Now scheduling site assessments for gypsy moth control.
The Kawartha region was devastated by the Gypsy Moth last summer. You may have noticed your trees covered in caterpillars, your patio furniture covered in an unsightly layer of caterpillar feces, and damage to oak, basswood, pine, spruce, and several other tree species.
Due to the number of egg masses found on trees in our region, we are expecting another damaging infestation this summer. To assist landowners, we have built a management program to assist you with controlling the gypsy moth on your property.
- Scraping off and disposing of egg masses
- now until late April – each egg mass can contain approx. 300 eggs!
- Installation of sticky bands
- to capture young caterpillars- late April to early May
- Installation of burlap bands
- to capture large caterpillars – Late May-August
- Pesticide application
- Spraying of Btk in June until the caterpillar’s face turns yellow and then the application of Success (both are biological insecticides)
- Injection of TreeAzin (biological insecticide)
CALL NOW TO SET UP A SITE VISIT
Please call 705-657-6916 or email email@example.com to set up a site visit to assess your property and determine the right approach for gypsy moth control.