We are Hiring a Production Arborist/ Crew Leader
WORK WHERE YOU PLAY, IN THE BEAUTIFUL KAWARTHAS!
Logan Tree Experts has provided quality tree care to the Kawartha region for over 10 years. We utilize the newest tools and techniques to perform safe and proper tree care while educating our clients on their tree care needs.
We are seeking a hardworking, self-motivated and safety conscious individual to join our team. The successful candidate will be capable of performing physically demanding manual labor in a variety of weather conditions.
- Manage a crew and organize the logistics of each assigned project
- Fulfill quotas on time while maintaining safety and quality
- Communicate clearly and concisely with clients, crew, and management
- Ability and eagerness to mentor crew members
- Ability to create and maintain a positive and productive team environment and culture
- Ability to ascend and perform aerial operations to safely and efficiently remove trees of all sizes. Including storm and hazard tree removals, following industry standards
- Perform advanced rigging techniques to safely dismantle trees
- Experience working with cranes and other aerial lifts
- Perform proper pruning, in trees of all sizes, for clearance, structure, and safety, following industry standards
- Ability to quote pruning and removal projects when required
- Operate and maintain chainsaws, chippers, stumpers and other equipment as per company standard operating procedures
- Complete all necessary paperwork (timesheets, project logs, project risk assessment forms, etc.)
- Show up on time with a professional appearance, a positive attitude and an eagerness to work
- Minimum of 3 years climbing experience at a recognized tree service
- Minimum of 3 years managing a crew at a recognized tree service
- ISA or Ontario Arborist Certification or working towards
- Experience leading and managing a crew
- Chainsaw Training or certification
- Formal Arboriculture Training from a recognized college or university
- First Aid/CPR
- Class G license and clean driver abstract
- Knowledge of industry rules and regulations
Starting wage – $19.50 – $24.00 based on experience and qualifications
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This post will be removed when the position has been filled.