Published March 2014
2013 – Year in Review
Looking back at 2013, we saw Logan Tree Experts (LTE) continue to grow and expand its services. We were proud to be one of only two local companies offering TreeAzin treatments to combat the upcoming Emerald Ash Borer infestation (see EAB article).
By far, 2013 was preoccupied with the July wind storm that devastated the northern portion of our service area. Thousands of trees were toppled, damaged and destroyed. The LTE crew displayed their technical knowledge,experience and high standards by safely removing high risk storm damaged trees while protecting and preserving our clients properties.
We appreciate the trust and opportunity given to us by our clients during that time. We would also like to say thank you to our clients who showed great patience and understanding as LTE postponed scheduled work to help in this disaster.
Commitment and Re-Commitment
While 2013 offered many highlights and opportunities for LTE we also recognized some areas in need of improvement. We understand that satisfaction and happy clients drive our business and we need to improve to serve you, our valued clients.
LTE needs to reduce client wait times for service, improve communications and increase customer service. In order to accomplish this we have implemented these changes:
1/ New dedicated sales person
2/ New dedicated Plant Health Care specialist
3/ New streamline processes for client contact, site visits, scheduling & invoicing
We want to grow with you as our clients and hope we can prove that to you in 2014!
Client Appreciation Discounts!
To show how much we appreciate your business we would like to announce the following discounts now available to our clients:
- Receive a 10% discount if you book your spring tree work by April 15th
- Receive a 10% discount on tree planting after LTE removes a tree
- Receive a 5% Seniors discount
- Receive a 5% discount on services within the Plant Health Care program with each referral
- Receive a 10% discount if you are a member of the East Kawartha Chamber of Commerce
These discounts can not be combined or transferred.
Emerald Ash Borer – Info Session March 26th, Douro Community Center
You are invited to an EAB public education/awareness session at the Douro Community Center on Wednesday, March 24th from 6:30-8:30. Logan Tree Experts will be there to speak to the public about EAB treatment options. Click here for more information.
Logan Tree Experts is currently conducting canopy branch sampling for early detection of EAB. Call now for more information and to book a visit. TreeAzin treatments are conducted from the end of June through August 31st. For more information on EAB click here.
ReLeaf – Plant Health Care (PHC) Program
We are excited to launch the next stage of our ReLeaf plant health care program. We have promoted Jennifer Sek into the new ReLeaf operations manager position. Jenn brings great enthusiasm and drive along with a solid foundation in customer service and arboriculture. Jenn will be overseeing the entire PHC program including planting, fertilizing, soil amendments and pesticide injections. To learn more about our ReLeaf program click here.
We are also pleased to be expanding our Releaf services this year to serve our clients better. Stay tuned for exciting updates!
Spring To- do List
- Look for dead, damaged or hanging branches and have them properly pruned
- Have a certified arborist/tree risk assessor inspect your trees
- Check mulch around trees (top up, remove from around trunk)
- Check recent plantings – do they need water? mulch? tree guards or guy wires removed?
- Plant new trees
- Fertilize established trees (using organic fertilizers)
- Have ash trees branch sampled if EAB is suspected
- Foreman Matt Thornton received his ISA Arborist certification
- Matt Logan received the 2013 Young Professional Award from the East Kawartha Chamber of Commerce
- Matt Logan was named head judge for the ISA Ontario Tree Climbing Championship
- Matt Logan was a speaker at the ISA Ontario conference in Huntsville
Did you know that Logan Tree Experts has the most
ISA Certified Arborists in the Kawartha/Peterborough region?
We call ourselves ‘Tree Experts’ for a reason!